A ticket to the National Maritime Museum Amsterdam will take you back in time over 500 years to see how the Dutch explored the world. Anyone with an interest in maritime history will be delighted with the exhibits on show, including a replica of the world-famous Dutch East India ship, the Amsterdam. With tall ships and whalers and a chance to find out what life on board was like for these early pioneers, the Maritime Museum offers a fun day out for families and individuals alike. You can avoid having to chow down on tough ship’s biscuits, though, thanks to an excellent onsite restaurant!
- The National Maritime Museum is open seven days a week from 9am to 5pm
- Many exhibits designed especially for children!
- Wheelchair access
- Climb aboard a replica of Holland’s most famous ship: the ‘Amsterdam’!
- Learn how Dutch explorers explored the seven seas!
- Enjoy a meal in the beautiful Stalpaert Restaurant
- Buy unique and fascinating gifts at the National Maritime Museum’s shop
With the AmsterdamTickets.com voucher you can go to the ticket counter at the National Maritime Museum (Het Scheepvaartmuseum) directly. ADDRESS: Kattenburgerplein 1 1018 KK Amsterdam GETTING THERE: The National Maritime Museum is a 15 minute walk from Amsterdam Central Station. The museum is easy to reach with bus 22 (Indische buurt) and bus 48 (Borneo Eiland). Both departing from Central Station stop at the Prins Hendrikplantsoen in front of Victoria Hotel. Bus stop for the museum is Kadijksplein/ Scheepvaartmuseum. Museum is closed on King`s Day (27th of April), 25th of December and New Year’s Day (1st of January).