Amsterdam has always been one of the world’s diamond centres. But these dazzling stones are older even than the city – three billion years old, in fact! This fabulous (and very well guarded!) museum takes you on a journey through the history of mankind’s love affair with these shiny rocks, from the world’s most famous gems to the story behind why diamonds are forever linked to romance. How are diamonds used in industry? Are large stones really cursed? And how do you go from a rough lump of compressed carbon into a flawless diamond ring? Find out with a ticket to the Amsterdam Diamond Museum!
- Find out about the world’s diamond deposits
- Discover the origins of diamonds
- See how goldsmiths use diamonds through the ages – from crowns to solitaire engagement rings
- Learn the 4 C’s (Carat, Clarity, Colour and Cut)
- Explore the history of the House of Oranje-Nassau and its connections with the world’s most famous diamonds
- Learn why Amsterdam is known as the City of Diamonds
- Genuine or imitation? A special exhibition will tell you
- Diamond Robberies, and the fatal attraction of sparkly rocks!
- Glamour Room – learn about diamond fashions through the years
- Admission to Diamond Museum
With the AmsterdamTickets.com voucher you can go to the ticket counter at the Diamond museum directly. OPENING HOURS: Open from 09:00 AM – 17:00 PM 7 days a week throughout the year. GETTING THERE: The Diamond Museum is centrally located at the Museumplein, opposite the Van Gogh Museum, in the city-centre of Amsterdam.